Generate Impact is looking for a Full-Stack Developer to join their team for a full-time Remote (US) position. The Developer will assist in the design, coding, and testing of technical solutions.
**Must be proficient in Ruby on Rails.**
The Ideal candidate will understand standard development procedures, lifecycle processes and apply our methodology effectively on client engagements, as well as applying knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve service to our clients.
Full-Stack Developer Responsibilities:
- Write, maintain, test and document code for applications and platforms ensuring code will adhere to internal coding standards.
- Function as an integral part of the development team, actively contributing towards the development of our tools, services and platforms.
- Understand project and development plans and clearly articulate roles, project goals. and timelines.
- Support debugging / rework efforts.
- Establish responsible deadlines and personal work plans.
- Perform all other duties and tasks as assigned.
Full-Stack Developer Qualifications:
- 1-3 years of coding experience.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or in a related field or equivalent years of relevant work experience.
- Proficient in Ruby on Rails.
- Experience with Unit Tests with experience with Jest and RSpec.
- Experience building standalone APIs with RoR which is different that a normal RoR app.
- Experience querying data and writing stored procedures with T-SQL / SQL Server or other relational database systems.
- Experience with Redux state management.
- Knowledge of React / React Native, Entity Framework, and WebAPI are a plus.
- Familiarity with unit testing and Test Driven Development preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in debugging tools and testing methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience with version control systems, preferably Git based.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to follow a well-defined development process.
- Experience with Agile software development environment is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience with building and supporting software for use in live production environments.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize tasks and learn quickly and independently.
- Effective communication skills are essential; need to be able to work in a cross-disciplinary, distributed team.
- Good communication skills.
Full-Stack Developer Preferred Qualifications:
- Good understanding of Design Patterns, like single responsibility, observer, etc...
- Working experience with Material UI or Tailwind and Playbook.
- Knowledge about E2E testing with either Playwright, Pupeteer or Cypress.
- Some experience with CI/CD pipelines.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Extended Medical Leave
- Paid Holidays
- 401K Plan
This position is full-time and is eligible for benefits.
This position is classified as exempt according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
This Position is open to candidates that are authorized to work in US and not requiring H-1B or other visa, and willing to work EST time zone hours.
Candidates in California, New York, Washington, New Jersey are not eligible at this time.
At Generate Impact, we exist to empower the benevolence creators of the world through great people, frictionless processes and innovative technology. And through the humanitarian, social impact, sustainability and for-profit-for-good organizations and causes we support, our mission is to serve those who are changing the world.
We’re seeking people who are passionate about helping others and share the same values as us - Prioritizing People, Embracing Ownership, Practicing Humility, Thinking Practically, and Promoting Innovation. We want team members who look at their jobs as a way to make a difference in the world. We’re headquartered in Harrisonburg, Virginia and have a mix of local and remote talent.