Software Project Manager
Generate_Impact is looking to add a Full-Time Software Project Manager to our team in Harrisonburg, VA or Remote. The ideal candidate will have strong organizational skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and experience working in a software development environment.
Location: We’re headquartered in Harrisonburg, Virginia and have a mix of local and remote talent.
Salary Range: Starting at $65,000/year up to $80,000/year based on qualifications, plus benefits.
The Software Project Manager is front-facing and manages key client projects. Project management responsibilities include the coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and within scope. Working closely with the Tech Lead, the Project Manager oversees all aspects of projects. The Software Project Manager sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities and monitors and summarizes the progress of the project. Also prepares reports for upper management regarding the status of the project.
Software Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the execution of projects.
- Communicate and coordinate with dev team about project plan, responsibilities and blockers.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and meet budgetary objectives and adjust project constraints based on financial analysis.
- Meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress including project estimations and Gantt charts.
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Extract project dependencies and risks and determine necessary contingency plans.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Measure and report project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
- Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
Software Project Manager Requirements:
- Minimum 2 years proven working experience in agile software development project management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Experienced with Gantt chart development and project estimations.
Software Project Manager Preferred Qualifications:
- Certified Scrum Master.
- Familiar with PMP curriculum.
This position is classified as exempt according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Reports To: Director of Project Operations.
Benefits for Full-Time Employees:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Extended Medical Leave
- Paid Holidays
- 401K Plan
At Generate_Impact, we exist to empower the benevolence creators of the world through great people, frictionless processes, and innovative technology in service of the humanitarian, social impact, sustainability, and for-profit-for-good organizations and causes we support. We’re seeking people who are passionate about helping others and share our values of:
− Prioritizing People
− Embracing Ownership
− Practicing Humility
− Thinking Practically
− Promoting Innovation